Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 & Resolutions.

Hello Everyone! It's the second day of 2016. Which is insane because I could have sworn we were just starting 2015!

Here's a recap on what happened in 2015 for me:

  • I got promoted at work (Many raises$$(I love my job, don't just do it for the money))
  • Released my second book called To Save You!
  • Did taxes for the first time by myself!
  • Bought my first Polaroid (:
  • Had a new niece named Vanessa!
  • Saw and met Halsey! Along with camped out on the freezing ground and also saw Sam Miller from Paradise Fears there.
  • Became obsessed with the sky. Check out my instagram for the pictures I manage to capture!
  • Got my first tattoo!! They're blackbirds, maybe I'll write a post about them soon and what they mean to me. (:
  • Turned 20! And had a lot of fun on my birthday with friends and family<3
  • Had a fun day playing with my coworkers when the power went out. Which included singing, playing soccer, throwing a football, and drinking Slushees.
  • Wrote my third book.
  • Released my third book called Broken Pleasure!
  • Got my first review!
  • Wrote my fourth book.
  • Released the fourth book! It's called Broken Perfectly!
  • Became friends with authors<3
  • Read some really good books! Which I will also be making a post about my favorites.
  • Was a Zombie for halloween!
  • Opened the store for the first time by myself!
  • Started writing my fifth book!(;


Now it's 2016 which means another 366(Leap year) days for 366 new adventures. Not every single day will be exciting, but I will do my best to keep to my resolutions, and have fun, and not stress out as much.

Here are some of my resolutions for the new year!:


  • Give up soda entirely. Not caffeine, I can't do it without my occasional teas, plus I don't drink coffee or energy drinks because it makes my stomach upset.
  • Start a YouTube channel where I want to weekly vlog.
  • Get more people to notice my writing.
  • Release a thriller/mystery novel.
  • Travel to New York and LA, or Oregon, or Seattle. Maybe even Utah. Or the UK. Just travel! Already planning a trip for my 21st birthday in July!
  • Get a new car! It can be used, but just something a little better than my 2000 Ford Focus that is always breaking down and has trouble on the snow.
  • Go to a book convention!
  • Create more connections in the book world.
  • Take a road trip.
  • Take more photos of the sky!
  • Take photos when I'm with friends, family, or just alone. Take photos and document this year.
  • Love.
  • Be Happy.
  • Be more charitable (already have a few plans for that).
  • Be present.
  • Eat healthier.
  • Give up fast food entirely by the end of the year. Or make it only a treat like one a month.
  • Try new foods. I took this quiz on buzzfeed, and I only eat 30 of the 90 foods listed. I am the pickiest of eaters.
  • Say yes!
  • Keep my car clean.
  • Do one thing that scares me everyday.
  • Get help for my anxiety.
  • Write a few more novels.
  • Save money.


And the last thing is a resolution many people have. To exercise. To lose weight.

I am currently very unhappy with the way I look, and with what I weigh. My eating habits are horrendous from barely eating one day to binging the next. And it doesn't make me feel good and I'm sick.
Literally sick. All the time. I can pretend I'm fine, but I can feel my health declining and it's not a good feeling.
I've been a member at a gym for the last six months, but have only gone once. And I was in the hospital yesterday. Since april, I've lost six pounds. Not a lot, nothing at all, but it kind of gave me the push, and the will to say...I can do this.
I want to lose 100 pounds by the end of the year. Thats 365 days from now. I won't beat myself up if I don't make it there. If I can get to under 200 pounds, I will be happy with myself because it's been 3 years since I was that weight.
It's time to put my gym membership to good use. Time to face reality. Time to make some progress, and just stop putting it off and lying to myself.

Anyway, I hope you guys had a good start to the New Year. Make the best of it. <3

-Rebeca xx

No comments:

Post a Comment